Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, December 1, 2012

O' Christmas tree

Before I really got into photography I always wanted to know how to
photograph my Christmas Tree, to really capture the lights,
carisma, ambiance-spirit of the tree.
But my photos often turned out sub-par.
So if you're familiar with Manual mode or not even-get ready-it's really not too difficult.
Set your aperture around 3.2-4.0 I used f/3.2 for this shot.
Set your ISO unusually high -around 3200
I used a shutter speed of 1/25 which is pretty slow.
I steadied myself with a tripod, but you could use a table top.
Just stay still.
I also had no lights on except the tree lights.
Viola-beautiful twinkly Christmas tree pics.
There are different variations on how to do this, this is just my interpretation
of capturing a twinkle tree photo.
Give it a go.
Show us your twinkle trees on our FB page:
Captured FB
And if you are using a point and shoot camera try capturing your tree by doing the following:
Same as above...have no other lights on.
Put your camera on night mode with no flash, steady yourself on a chair, hold your breath and snap.
That should do the trick!

 Photobucket

No comments: